Hope is “earnest expectation.” We do it all the time. Everyday. Hour by hour and minute by minute—we hope.
- We wait with earnest expectation to eat that fantastic meal.
- We wait with earnest expectation to make the next business deal.
- We wait with earnest expectation for “mister right” to sweep us off our feet.
- We wait with earnest expectation for a child to be born
- We wait with earnest expectation for our loved one to come home from war.
And when the expectation becomes a reality, we have great joy…for a season.
- The delight of the meal lasts…until it’s over.
- One deal is never enough.
- The relationship nearly always gets old.
- Our children grow up and move away.
- Our loved one returns and then…we take them for granted.
I promise, I’m not trying to be negative!!! There is nothing wrong with having hope in all the blessings God has for us. But if we want to have LASTING hope—a continual earnest expectation that never fades or disappoints—then we must hope in God more than we hope in anything or anyone else. Just read the following amazing promises from God!
“The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in HIM, to the one who seeks HIM.”Lamentations 3:24-25
“The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”Isaiah 58:11
“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”Psalms 16:11
When GOD is our most earnest expectation, we possess a hope that never fades!
How do you make God your most earnest expectation? For me, I had to come to a point where I desired to know Him AND I was not afraid to completely surrender to Him. The great release I experienced in His presence was so immense that I was inspired to write and record the song, “Whom Have I?”
As I experienced more and more of God’s presence, it has become natural to find my greatest hope in Him. When I become anxious about anything, I must pause and remind myself that God is in control—no matter what happens.
I am so glad God is teaching me to place my greatest hope in Him!
My life has never been the same since I began earnestly pursuing God. He is the one I can’t live without. He is the one I don’t want to live without.
God waters the garden of my soul; His presence is my greatest hope.
To learn more about Kimberly Faith and the mission of Faith Strong, click HERE.
Out Now – Essential Faith, Volume II. Find it on Amazon by clicking HERE.